As fans flock to Poland and the Ukraine in their thousands we have put together a guide to using DoneDeal to make the most of UEFA Euro 2012
Find everything from a brand new soccer strip to wear while supporting your country to more pricey signed jerseys in our Field Sports section.
Search through DoneDeal for fancy dress items or green wigs – anything to make you stand out at home or abroad as an Irish supporter.
Enjoy UEFA Euro 2012 at home
Soccer balls and nets
UEFA Euro 2012 will drive the whole country soccer mad in June – be prepared and join in by buying in footballs, goal posts and nets for the garden from our Field Sports section.
The first three matches are at 7.45pm Irish time so if you’re at home why not make the most of it by having friends or family over for food before kick off. You can find a great selection of garden furniture, gas and coal BBQs and fridges for drinks on DoneDeal.
If it’s not fine enough to demonstrate your soccer skills outside – show off inside with a Foosball table which you can find in our Snooker & Pool section.
The big screen
UEFA Euro 2012 is a good excuse as any to change that old television and buy a large clear television screen.
You could also buy a projector – which you will find advertised in the television section on DoneDeal.
Remember there’s no point having too small a screen for such a big event. But make sure the projector is fit for purpose and you can use it as you would a television rather than having to connect it to a laptop.
Getting to Poland
Check our Travel Tickets section for flights and ferry tickets between Ireland and the continent. Include on your checklist:
- Distance between airport/port and matches
- Accommodation availability there and enroute
- Public transport between cities
- Vehicle hire on the continent
- Cost of changing names on tickets
- Availability/price of same tickets with airline/ferry company
One way to get around Europe is by campervan from Ireland. One option many football supporters are taking to make sure they get to the UEFA Euro 2012 is to buy rather than hire a campervan.
Things to consider:
- Is it roadworthy enough for a long trip?
- How much will fuel cost to cross Europe?
- Is there adequate sleeping space for everybody travelling together?
- Are there ferry tickets available on desired dates?
- Have you searched DoneDeal for a BBQ, deckchairs, or other things to make the journey easier?
Check our Travel Tickets section for accommodation on offer in Poznan and Gdansk for the UEFA Euro 2012. Accommodation ranges from campsites to apartments and rooms.
- Find out the address and full contact details
- Check its proximity to the stadium
- Check its proximity to pubs if you don’t have tickets
Ireland v Croatia, Poznan, June 10, 20.45 local time (19.45 in Ireland)
Spain v Ireland, Gdansk, June 14, 20.45 local time (19.45 in Ireland)
Italy v Ireland, Poznan, June 18, 20.45 local time (19.45 in Ireland)
Don’t forget you should only purchase tickets for the UEFA Euro 2012 from an approved UEFA Ticket Portal. Resale or transfer of tickets allocated by UEFA isn’t allowed. As a result ads advertising such tickets can’t be published on DoneDeal. See the UEFA FAQs for further details.