We met with the ISPCA and DSPCA yesterday to see how we can work together better to make life more difficult for dodgy breeders.
We came up with a number of great ideas to do over the next few weeks:
- DoneDeal will investigate how we can track the physical address of sellers in the animal section. This will help the ISPCA/DSPCA investigate any suspect ads.
- We will set up a process to help the ISPCA/DSPCA easily get information from deleted ads. This helps them investigate reported ads, as we have often removed ads before the inspectors get to see the ad and photos.
- We will investigate how we can educate horse buyers about the legal requirements for microchip and license. This will help the ISPCA/DSPCA track animals, and find the last owner.
- DoneDeal will help DSPCA advertise their animals for rehoming in the Rescue Section. This should help the DSPCA find good new homes for their rescues quicker.
- We will arrange a follow-up meeting in 3-4 months.